East Ayrshire Advocacy Services provides independent advocacy for East Ayrshire residents, aged 16-65 years, in the following groups:
- learning disability
- mental ill health
- acquired brain injury
- children and young people involved in the Children’s Hearing System
- vulnerable parents whose children are subject to Child Protection procedures
- drug and alcohol use
- those (aged 16+) subject to legislation such as Mental Health (care and treatment) (Scotland) Act, Adults with Incapacity Act and Adult Support and Protection Act
• Adults aged 16-65 who have mental health problems, learning disability or acquired brain injury.
• Adults 65 and over.
• Young people under 16 who are subject to the Mental Health (Care and Treatment) (Scotland) Act.
• Parents with disabilities or addiction issues where children are subject to child protection legislation.
• Prisoners at HMP Kilmarnock.
• Collective advocacy in day centres and nursing homes.