Advocacy North East (ANE) provides independent advocacy to adults over 16 years old and in the following groups:
- people experiencing mental ill health
- people with learning disabilities, dementia, and acquired brain injury, to support them in their dealings with health and social care matters
- people in Aberdeenshire and also to Aberdeenshire residents who are receiving services in the Royal Cornhill Hospital in Aberdeen
- people who are, or who may become involved in Adult Support and Protection processes
• Anyone covered by the Mental Health (Care & Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003 including mental health issues, learning disability, dementia, autism.