Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance (SIAA) are delighted to launch our new website, today, 2 June 2021! We have been working hard over the past few months with our web designers, Form & Function, to refresh the design and layout of the site, update the content and add new features. The website makes it easier to find out what independent advocacy is, who provides it and who might be able to access it, as well as providing clear signposting to local independent advocacy organisations.
We’ve highlighted some of the most important new content below!
- Find an advocate – provides clear and accessible information about independent advocacy provision in Scotland, with a new dynamic map and search tool
- What is independent advocacy? – as well as showcasing the foundational document for independent advocacy in Scotland, ‘Independent Advocacy Principles, Standards and Code of Best Practice’, we’ve worked hard to explain key facts about independent advocacy in the Scottish context and provide case studies to illustrate what independent advocacy looks like in practice
- Information hub – the hub contains SIAA’s publications, including independent advocacy guidance, research reports, and policy briefings
- Independent advocacy and human rights – explains how independent advocacy fits within human rights and why we see independent advocates as ‘human rights defenders’
- Our work – gives an overview of SIAA as the national intermediary for independent advocacy in Scotland, explaining how we ‘advocate for independent advocacy’
- About us – provides information about SIAA’s history, aims, vision and membership. It also contains information about our Board and staff.
Please get in touch with us if you have any feedback!