SIAA’s members CAPS Independent Advocacy have recently launched a new project that provides independent individual advocacy for people experiencing an eating disorder.

Sometimes it can feel hard to speak up or explain everything you want to say. You may feel overwhelmed, rushed or not listened to. CAPS Independent Advocacy workers can help you to have a stronger voice. They will help you to have more choice and control over your situation and your life.

The independent advocate will make sure you know your rights and can attend appointments with you, making sure you are not dismissed and that your views and needs are taken seriously.

Through this new project, CAPS can provide eating disorder individual advocacy to you if you live in East Lothian, Midlothian, West Lothian, or Edinburgh, (either in the community or in hospital). Please note that you do not need to have a formal diagnosis to receive advocacy support from their service.

If you are experiencing an eating disorder, or think you might be, and would like to take up independent advocacy, please get in touch with CAPS:

For adults

phone: 0131 273 5118

or email:

Or fill in a referral form

For children and young people

Call the Children and Young People’s Advocacy Team on 0131 273 5236

Or email:

Or fill in a referral form

You can also ask an adult to contact CAPS for you if you would prefer that.

For more information, please visit CAPS new eating disorder service.

Scroll to top