Update: please note that the SIAA publications are no longer available.
SIAA is vacating its office premises in Edinburgh on 31 March 2023. With effect from 1 April, SIAA’s new registered office will be The Melting Pot in Edinburgh which will enable the team to co-work on a hybrid basis, albeit they will be working mostly from home. We are currently in the process of packing up and have several hard-copy SIAA publications stored on the premises. Please see below for a list of those publications available:
- SIAA Book: A Voice Through Choice (36 copies)
- Advocacy and SDS: Guidelines for Advocates (75 copies)
- Mental Health Tribunal Advocacy Guidelines (397 copies)
- Guidelines for Advocates Working in Prisons (287 copies)
- Towards the Future: History of Advocacy in Scotland (127 copies)
- Poetry Book (325 copies)
- Working with Children and Young People: Guidelines for Advocates (13 copies)
- Problem Drug Use Training Pack (36 copies)
- Elder Abuse Advocacy Guidelines (104 copies)
- Advocating for Human Rights (3 copies)
- An Evaluation Framework (16 copies)
- Available for All? IA Drug Use Report (5 copies)
- Stroke Advocacy Stories (3 copies)
- A Guide for Commissioners (2 copies)
- Stroke Advocacy Training Pack (2 copies)
- Code of Practice (647 copies)
- Toolkit for Demonstrating the Impact of Independent Advocacy (28 copies)
We would like to offer first refusal to our members. You are welcome to collect any publications from the office at an agreed date/time before 31 March. Alternatively, we can post them to you or make the number of copies requested available for collection at the proposed members’ event on 27 April as part of SIAA’s Independent Advocacy Awareness Week. Soft copies are also available on the SIAA online information hub should you prefer.
If you’re interested, please emails us at Enquiry@siaa.org.uk before the close of business on Friday 24 March 2023.