Since many of our member organisations are welcoming new staff, we wanted to remind SIAA members of some helpful resources available to them.
SIAA membership letter
All SIAA members can receive an SIAA letter that confirms their membership, this can be useful for funders and grant applications. If you’d like us to send yours, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Members’ section of the SIAA website
Last year, SIAA launched their new website that includes an exclusive section for our members.
To access it, you will need your organisation’s login details that we have previously sent to each of our members. However, if you need us to resend yours, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
The member section includes:
- ‘Members news’ covering important updates about policy and legislation relevant to independent advocacy and human rights. We also share information about surveys and consultations with opportunities to influence policy and identify emerging issues.
- ‘Member events’ this section includes training, roundtables and information sharing sessions specifically designed for independent advocacy organisations. You can also take advantage of networking opportunities with other independent advocacy organisations and groups through our monthly peer support sessions.
- ‘Member support’ contains signposting to key resources about independent advocacy and running your organisation.
- ‘Get involved’ provides ways to showcase the work of your organisation, group or project through our ‘SIAA members spotlight’ or sharing case studies. We can share your achievements and job vacancies via our website, Twitter, and e-bulletins. You can also use this page to send us your ideas and feedback!
- ‘Member resources’ contains key resources related to the Principles of independent advocacy, as well as our social media toolkit and independent advocacy case studies database.
SIAA member-only bulletins
If you haven’t already, we would encourage you to sign up to SIAA member-only bulletins to get information on free member events, peer support sessions, and resources, as well as the latest news on independent advocacy and human rights in Scotland.
We hope you enjoy the SIAA members’ resources and please get in touch if you have any questions or suggestions.