CAPS Independent Advocacy provides independent advocacy in East Lothian and Midlothian for the following groups
- one-to-one and collective advocacy for adults with mental ill health
- one-to-one advocacy for adults who use drugs or alcohol
- one-to-one advocacy for children and young people (5-18) going through the Children’s Hearings system
Collective Advocacy for adults in Lothian with lived experience of mental health issues, projects include: Eating Disorders, Personality Disorder, Psychosis, Trauma, Oor Mad History, LEARN (CAPS education as advocacy project), Arts as Advocacy.
Collective Advocacy for adults in Edinburgh with lived experience of mental health issues – two projects: people from ethnic minority backgrounds and LGBTQI+ people.
• One to one and collective advocacy for people aged 18-65 with mental health issues.
• One to one advocacy for people aged 18-65 with drug or alcohol use.
• One to one advocacy for children and young people 5-18 who are being supported by the Children’s Hearings System.
• We also facilitate several Lothian-wide experience led projects for people with mental health issues.